Coronavirus – Office Closure and Service Changes
In line with Government Guidance, the Association’s office was closed on March 20th.
Staff are working from home to provide repairs and advice services by phone and email. Unfortunately some services will be suspended for the time being.
You can contact the Association between 9am and 5pm
To report a repair:07470858040
For any other reason: please phone our usual number 0141 285 7910. Your call will be diverted to a member of staff who will then pass your query or request on to be processed.
For emergency repairs outwith office hours please use the following numbers;
All tenants emergency repairs call Totalis on 0141 889 0089
Overnewton Court tenants heating call E.C.G 01698 828778 (office hours) and Out of hours call 07817 482 637 or 07817 614 337
All tenants and owners on gas contract, heating repairs call Alba Gas 0141 445 4422 (office hours) or Out of hours call 07717 377 352
More information about our current service provision
Repairs and Maintenance
- During this period we are only processing urgent or emergency repairs that pose a potential threat to health or safety
- When you request a repair, we will assess the repair’s priority and ask you some questions about your household circumstances These questions are necessary to allow us to assess the potential risk to contractors
- If we are unable to process your repair at this time, we will record your request and attend to the repair as soon as we are able to resume normal service
- We are arranging gas servicing appointments to comply with the law and keep our residents safe
- You can speak to a Housing Officer about any aspect of your tenancy
- Housing application processing and allocations will be delayed while the country is in the lockdown position.
- Glasgow City Council’s alarm service will continue to be provided for the time being.
- Stair cleaning services will continue for the time being
- You can continue to pay your rent by phone, online or through direct debit
- If you are struggling to pay your rent please let us know as soon as you can. We can direct you to our advice services and make payment arrangements that are suitable for your circumstances
- We are unable to waive rent charges or offer rent payment holidays, but please be assured no tenant will lose their home because of the Coronavirus. Contact us as soon as you know there is a problem.
- You can speak to a member of the Factoring Team about any aspect of your factoring agreement
- Routine common repairs will not be undertaken during this period
- Close cleaning services will continue
- Insurance and sales enquiries will continue to be processed
- Our benefit and money advice services are available via phone
- Insurance charges for 2020-21 will be issued within the next few weeks
- Some planned and cyclical contracts have been postponed. We will be in contact with affected owners
- You can continue to make payments by phone, online or through direct debit
This is a unique unsettling time for the community. The Management Committee and Staff of Yorkhill Housing Association will do their very best to minimise service disruption to residents during this period.
The World Health Organisation has published a list of protection measures which include:
• Regularly and thoroughly wash your hands with soap and water or clean them with an alcohol-based hand rub
• Maintain at least 1 metre (3 feet) distance between yourself and anyone who is coughing or sneezing.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
• Make sure you, and the people around you, follow good respiratory hygiene when you cough or sneeze. Cough or sneeze into an elbow not your hand. Use a tissue where possible and put it in a covered bin immediately.
• Stay home if you feel unwell. If you have a fever, cough and difficulty breathing, seek medical attention and call in advance.